DJ Pri has been involved in the music scene since 2008 and began her DJ career in the heart of the Fraser Valley, British Columbia. Her determination to further explore her passion behind the decks brought her from playing at local pubs, clubs and restaurants to playing at beautiful weddings, fantastic fashion shows, fun corporate events, charities, retail, birthdays, anniversaries, school dances and wicked parties of all sorts! She's made a few guest appearances on
as well as maintained her own weekly show "Radio Redline" on
for a period of time, where you would catch her on Thursdays between 4am to 6am.
Each performance is unique as Pri’s talent for connecting with her crowd. She's an open format DJ who enjoys blending and bouncing tracks of all genres, whether it be from Top 40 to classic rock, hip hop to deep house, disco to electric swing, reggae to country to latin. Her style is diverse, she caters to the demographic at hand and customizes her playlist live and on the fly (reads the crowd). Her objective is to deliver a memorable set throughout each performance. Many factors contribute to where a set will go, but the ﬁnal product won’t be known - even to Pri - until the very end when it’s over.
Origin of name "Moto G Pri":
FIRST DJ NAME/CARS: Grand Pri(x)
MOTORBIKE RACING: Moto GP
I RIDE MOTORBIKES/I DJ: Moto Grand Pri(x)
CURRENT DJ NAME/PUN: Moto G Pri
Vote her in as Top 100 DJanes 2018 Now!
Wedding planners and show producers ﬁnd it a pleasure to work with her because of her practical, down to earth attitude. She describes herself with a smile as “low maintenance, tad quirky, non-diva". As Pri’s popularity continues to gain momentum, her reputation for consistency and artistry also continues to make its mark throughout the circuit scene.
BOOK HER FOR WEDDINGS
- Pri has worked alongside many amazing event planners, top-of-the-line photographers, stellar videographers, decorators and florists, ROCKING bands and other incredible musicians (harpists, saxophonists, percussionists, guitarists, singers etc. ) to create unforgettable wedding experiences! In addition to being just "the DJ" for your Ceremony and/or Reception, Pri stays available throughout the wedding planning phase and will conduct face-to-face meetings to ensure the music program suits your special day perfectly as the “music planner”. The majority of her wedding clients have her stay in the Vancouver region but often she travels out of the city and loves it! To Whistler to the beautiful vineyards of the Okanagan, Sunshine Coast or Vancouver Island - wherever the venue is booked is where she goes. The following videos are a few weddings and wedding shows where Pri was the main entertainment DJ act.
BOOK HER FOR CORPORATE EVENTS
- On top of gratefully playing for all walks of life across the map, there are a few notable clients she's been quite fortunate to play for. In her earlier days of DJ-ing, she spun music at the AESC stadium during the homes games of the Canadian Women’s Lingerie Football League for their first season. She has opened for De La Soul in Whistler for a private CIBC event, opened for Fitz and The Tantrums at a TED Vancouver closing party, opened for REO Speedwagon for a private corporate event at the Empress in Victoria BC., been invited to play at Scooter Braun's wedding (Justin Bieber's manager), as well as played a personal birthday party for JJ Wilson (son of Lululemon Founder, Chip Wilson). Not to mention, she disc-jockeyed for a private 2014 Stanley Cup win party up on Reflections restaurant (sophisticated outdoor bar and lounge atop Rosewood Hotel Georgia) for Willie Mitchell of the LA Kings and his crew. In 2015, she was part of the many entertainers for the 7th Annual Deighton Cup Derby that took place at the Hastings Racing Racecourse in Vancouver, a very glamorous and glitzy, fashion-forward charity event combining horse-racing and crafted-cocktails. Most notably, playing at the big and anticipated, star-studded and sold out grand opening for Nordstorm's that brought out the biggest names in BC's business community. In 2017 she was flown out of BC to perform for recognizable names such as Shopify and Cadillac Fairview.
BOOK HER FOR EVERY OTHER KIND OF PARTY
- You can hire DJ Pri for your birthday, special surprise party, ladie's night, men's night, day beach DJ, nightclub, private party, everything else under the sun. You name it, chances are she's probably worked a gig like that before as her resume runs long and is quite extensive. Here's a few fun clips from private parties she's played at:
LOVE LETTERS FROM PAST CLIENTS
“Pri Is amazing, she’s worked for me on several occasions, always punctual, always smiling with great energy. I would recommend her for any party, or mobile DJ event”
- Kenneth Clarke (DJ, Music Producer)
“DJ Pri was recommended to us through Girl on Wax Events. She was professional, personable and responsive to all of our guests’ requests while keeping the bride and grooms music preferences in mind. Her energy and ability to read the room made for an awesome dance party and a memorable night. Thanks Pri!”
- Nate Kewin (Groom)
“DJ Pri is a great DJ. She was early for setup, tested everything out and had all her song cues ready.Once the party got started she had the dance floor full all night.The wedding had a huge age range and she had the 10 year olds and the 70 year olds up on the dancefloor! She is professional, easy to work with and has a great energy for the party.”
- Aurora Buchanan (Wedding Planner)
“We hired DJ Pri for our wedding and I was so delighted that we had the opportunity to work with her. Pri was super flexible and accommodating leading up to the big day and was awesome to work with. We had left music choices up to the last minute and she handled all of our requests with ease. She was fantastic at reading the crowd the night of and brought such a great energy to the night. We’d hire her again, hands down and without question.”
- Jen Vane (Bride)
“Pri was a fantastic DJ with great energy and made our dance party amazing! She was easy to work with leading up to the wedding and played all of my requested music, adding in her own beats which fit seamlessly with the rest of the music. She was even willing to allow me to listen to and decide on some possible upcoming songs she had in mind while the dancing was in full swing. At the end of the night, the dancefloor couldn't help but chant repeatedly: "One More Song!” We would certainly recommend DJ Pri to anyone looking for a fun dance party, wedding or otherwise.”
- Duff Waddell (Groom)
“When we met DJ Pri with our music selections, we fell in love with her!!! Not only was she thorough in making sure she knew exactly what we wanted (DJ Pri was playing specific songs throughout our ceremony and as well as the reception) but she took the time to really get to know "us" and to get the feel of our wedding day. I should also mention that we are totally into music so this was a VERY important part to our wedding. DJ Pri assisted in making some of our final selections for processional, recessional and the dance kick-off song as we trusted her experience. The music for our wedding had no "typical" wedding music during the ceremony or reception (no instrumental or classical music played, mostly 70's, 80's & 90's music). On our wedding day DJ Pri could not have done a better job!!! She executed all of our specifically requested songs perfectly! Plus during the dance portion she played all the right music to keep the party going. This was a lot more difficult because our wedding was in the afternoon and people were more hesitant to dance. However, DJ Pri's "DJ" abilities got people up on the dance floor and she made it so fun and entertaining!!! The sound quality and sound level were also perfect throughout the entire event.....loud enough to make it fun but not so loud the old people were cringing, When we met DJ Pri with our music selections we fell in love with her!!! Not only was she thorough in making sure she knew exactly what we wanted (DJ Pri was playing specific songs throughout our ceremony and as well as the reception) but she took the time to really get to know "us" and to get the feel of our wedding day. I should also mention that we are totally into music so this was a VERY important part to our wedding. DJ Pri assisted in making some of our final selections for processional, recessional and the dance kick-off song as we trusted her experience. The music for our wedding had no "typical" wedding music during the ceremony or reception (no instrumental or classical music played, mostly 70's, 80's & 90's music). On our wedding day DJ Pri could not have done a better job!!! She executed all of our specifically requested songs perfectly! Plus during the dance portion she played all the right music to keep the party going. This was a lot more difficult because our wedding was in the afternoon and people were more hesitant to dance. However, DJ Pri's "DJ" abilities got people up on the dance floor and she made it so fun and entertaining!!! The sound quality and sound level were also perfect throughout the entire event.....loud enough to make it fun but not so loud the old people were cringing. DJ Pri is exceptional and we will recommend her to everyone!!”
- Tina and David (Bride and Groom)
“Hey DJ Pri! Thank you for a GREAT PARTY! The Party went way WAY better than the last many that we ever had!! The grapevine is buzzing with Positive vibes about Saturday night....Next year should be really good! You’re on...ok!! The folks were saying that the music was fantastic!!!! I want to personally thank you and give you another virtual hug!!! Should we not cross paths in the next few weeks, then have yourself a Heck of a Christmas Eve (Wedding??), Christmas and New Year! Cheers!”
- Gregory Tan (Director of Quality Assurance, Earth's Own Food Company Inc.)
“DJ Pri absolutely made our wedding! She was so professional, fun, and organized – from perfectly timed ceremony music to songs that kept the dance floor full until the end of the night, including both of us! We were given a music questionnaire so Pri could understand our taste in music, and she completely ran with it - we even had to hold back our guests from requesting too many songs because we wanted to let her work her magic! It was clear that she genuinely cared that everyone was having a great time. So many of our guests have commented that she was the best wedding DJ they have ever heard. We definitely recommend DJ Pri to anyone looking for an amazing music experience on their wedding day.”
- Margaret & Will Cramerotti (Bride and Groom)
“Girl on Wax was highly recommended to me by my maid of honor. She had been at a friends wedding the previous summer and said the DJ was the best wedding DJ she'd ever heard. DJ Leanne was super helpful when I was inquiring about having them play our wedding, she "assigned" DJ Pri as our wedding DJ (who is amazing!), and and honestly it was really worth every penny. DJ Pri was so helpful, we met a few months before and went over everything from the general outline and what we wanted from our wedding, to our musical tastes and how she could make sure the music was personalized but also something that our guests would love and want to dance to as well. On our wedding night the dinner music was perfect, she kept things moving from the cake cutting to the dances, and had our dance floor pretty much packed all night! The whole day and night was such a success, and we've had quite a few guests comment on how good the music was. Honestly I was having so much fun that the last little bit is a blur but I don't think that was a bad thing!! It is so worth it to have the right person playing the right music. I can't say enough good things!! It really was such a good time!! I'll have wonderful memories forever.”
- xo A (Bride)
"Hi Pri! , thank you so much for an awesome party at our son Joel and Ashleigh's wedding! You were amazing along with the music, the day was beautiful and everyone had a blast dancing all night, even my 76 year old Mom danced pretty much the whole night :) Flashmob was a HUGE success!! - you Rock!"
- Nancy Rockwood (Mum)